CCGI Student Fellowship Program
About the Student Fellowship Program
The California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI), which manages CaliforniaColleges.edu, invites qualifying students to apply to its Student Fellowship Program. The Fellowship is an ongoing program that recruits students to become advisors and advocates that are able to demonstrate the value of CaliforniaColleges.edu from personal experience.
We are seeking three fellows to take part in our new dedicated professional development program that includes around 17 weeks, beginning in Summer and throughout the Fall, of team-building and content creation that emphasizes the importance of CaliforniaColleges.edu to students, parents, and educators throughout California. The program will generally be remote, with some attendance required for certain in-person events.
Ideal candidates for the CCGI Student Fellowship Program are students who are:
- Currently enrolled in a two- or four-year postsecondary education program.
- Able to provide their current term schedule (and future, if available).
- At least 18 years of age upon beginning the program.
- Comfortable with presenting to external audiences, virtually or in-person.
- Able to provide permission for media containing yourself or your likeness to be featured on CaliforniaColleges.edu and other CCGI-managed communications channels.
- Able to access to a working internet, phone, and computer.
- A former or recent CaliforniaColleges.edu user.
Please note, the dates below may be subject to change depending on applications submitted.
- Application Deadline: June 23, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m. PST – EXTENDED
- Application Decisions: June 26 – 30, 2023 – REVISED
- Program Start Date: July 3, 2023
- Program End Date: October 31, 2023
* Applications and original documents must be submitted by 11:59 pm PST. Please note that all dates are subject to change.
Fellows will undergo a period of training during which they will be introduced to program expectations and guidelines. Once the initial training period is complete, fellows will begin working on assigned projects, which include:
- Creating content for various social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok
- Collaborating with other fellows on other communications (e.g., podcasts, interviews, in-person events)
- Attending virtual and in-person events to speak about the value of CaliforniaColleges.edu
- Completing a final project (details below)
Our intention is for the CCGI Student Fellowship to have an expanded impact that reaches beyond its participants. In addition to gaining experience working on various types of communications, the program culminates with a final project that promotes usage of CaliforniaColleges.edu in the participants’ previous high school district. The final project will provide fellows with the opportunity to develop their presentation skills and make a lasting impact in their home district.
Throughout the duration of the program, each fellow will receive:
- An onboarding swag box
- $3,500 total compensation
- Professional development in leadership, communication, presentation, and social media
- Certificate of completion
- A general letter of recommendation that can be used for applications to schools, programs, and other opportunities
How to Apply
Complete the multi-step application below to apply for the Student Fellowship Program. For the Insight Questions section, we recommend that you draft your answers in a separate word processor (e.g., Google Docs, MS Word, Notepad) so that you don’t lose your work due to any technological issues.
For questions or assistance with the application, please contact Student Voice Coordinator Ana Castillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.